Re: named color values --color chips

Chris,

>Robert DiBlasi wrote:
> >
> > Jon and working group and SVG Working Team and community,
> >
> > I would like to request a that the 4.2 Recognized color keyword names
> > section have a color chip next to the color names.
> >
> > The format could be something llike:
> > ½ cm sq color chip        keyword         keyword value
> >
> > I think it would make the specification more useful....

<chris_wrote>
>Yes, that could easily be done. Of course, it depends on HTML displaying
>the color correctly.
</chris_wrote>

That would be great if if color chips could be put next to
keyword values...."it depends on HTML displaying"....I understanding
that to mean that some user agent might not be able to render the
color....therefore a color chip that is not understood by user agent  would
be empty or....not there?...If you state that some user agents may not
support the colors .....this would help people understand the results they
see on the screen...just a thought

> > might be a good Idea to separate the CSS2 colors from
> > the CSS3 color also.......

<chris_wrote>
>Not sure why this would be a good idea? It might be, i just don't see
>why....
</chris_wrote>

Thinking is.....some user agents might not display the CSS2 or CSS3
colors....so by placing the new CSS3 colors in their own section ...one
could tell if the user agent supports new colors.....it was just an
idea...not sure if it really is even an issue .... using the specification
as a testing ground for colors .....may not be the right place...:-)

We all learn by sharing what we know
Robert A. DiBlasi