Re: SVG - A thought

Without testing how many browsers ave the implementation right I would
suggest

imageDummmy { background: url(image.png) }

Is a horrible hack that should work, although you would want a file to
generate its own stylesheet for doing that. It is a short bit of XSLT. And it
isn't the most elegant process, but I don't think that the url value can be
filled with an attribute value a la

   url( attr(imagedata) )

which is how I imagined it would be constructed before I thought at all.

Of course it is pretty trivial if you understand image/svg+xml, but I
am assuming that isn't what you meant.

cheers

Charles

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001 AndrewWatt2001@aol.com wrote:

  In a message dated 19/12/01 07:56:38 GMT Standard Time, charles@w3.org
  writes:

  >   Problem is that web masters do not want (or don't know how) to design
  > pages
  >   in XML+CSS.

  Charles,

  Last time I checked out XML+CSS it wasn't possible to use CSS2 to display an
  image together with XML. Has that gap now been filled?

  If the situation hasn't improved then I suggest that many in the Web
  community would be horrified to contemplate that situation.

  Andrew Watt