Re: Errors in CR

Stephanie,
Thanks for the error reports.

At 01:05 PM 10/30/00 +0100, you wrote:
>     Hi,
>
>The IDL for the SVGComponentTransferFunctionElement interface contains a
>typo:
>     SVG_FECOMPONENTTRANFER_TYPE_* constants should be named
>     SVG_FECOMPONENTTRANSFER_TYPE_*

Correct.

>In 'Use01.svg' : transform="translate(2cm,1cm)" is invalid according to
>the transform attribute BNF.
>There is the same error in 'Use02.svg'.

Correct.

>I also have a question about the enable-background CSS property:
>How can I represent 'new [ (x, y, w, h)]' with DOM CSS objects??

The parentheses are a mistake in the spec and need to be removed. Most
likely, the original idea behind the parentheses was to show that all four
values were required, but the spec sure looks like the parentheses are
supposed to be part of the grammar. But clearly parentheses cannot be
allowed there, as that violates CSS grammar rules. I'll update the spec to
remove the parentheses.

The commas you show above aren't in the SVG spec, but according to CSS
grammar rules can be used as separators.

With the fix to remove the parentheses, then 'new [ x y w h]' is a "list of
idents and numbers" when you are retrieving the values as DOM CSS objects.

Jon Ferraiolo
SVG Editor
Adobe Systems Incorporated