Re: Dependencies - SVG & SMIL Animation

AndrewWatt2001@aol.com wrote:

> I was wondering about the SVG WG's intentions about the dependencies of SVG
> and SMIL Animation.
>
> For example, Section 19 of the August SVG CR references SMIL Animation as
> normative.

Yes.

> However, it may well be that SVG would (otherwise?) be ready for full
> Recommendation status before SMIL Animation. Will SVG be kept static waiting
> for SMIL Animation? Is there good cause to believe that SMIL Animation will
> be "stable" although only at WD stage? Or what are the other practical
> options?

SMIL Animation is expected to advance to the next stage very shortly. I
can't give an exact date until it is officially announced. I don't expect
this to be a real problem in practice.

I know, that is probably a less satisfactory answer than you wanted. Some
things I can't say publically.

Be assured that the editors of both SVG and of SMIL Animation (and indeed
SMIL Boston) are well aware of the dependency. Indeed, SVG WG contributed
significantly to the development of SMIL Animation.

--
Chris