Re: Carriage return on text element

The SVG working group decided at the very start that we wanted to limit SVG to
single-line text because there are other multi-line XML standards which you
could use for that facilities (e.g., XHTML). Of course, this is a reasonable
long-term approach, as ultimately you will be able to embed XHTML directly
inside of SVG, but it will be a long time before implementations support this
feature.

To accomplish what you are trying to do below, try this:

<text x="..." style="font-family:...; font-size:...; ... ">
  <tspan y="...">Ok now</tspan>
  <tspan y="...">Let's go to the second line !</tspan>
</text>

Jon Ferraiolo
SVG Editor
Adobe Systems Incorporated