Re: %descTitle on <text>

Jan,
Thanks for pointing this out. There has been recent consideration of adding
may not happen due to the constraints of XML and DTDs. You see, SVG has been
defined to allow only at most one <desc> and at most one <title>, and both
need
to be before any other children. But <text> allows #PCDATA as content, and the
XML 1.0 spec has contraints about elements which have #PCDATA content where
you
can't restrict the number or order of any child elements. (See
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#sec-mixed-content. The first two sentences there
say "An element type has mixed content when elements of that type may contain
character data, optionally interspersed with child elements. In this case, the
types of the child elements may be constrained, but not their order or their
number of occurrences".)

Alternatives include releasing the constraints on <desc> and <title> (i.e.,
allow them anywhere and allow any number of them) or to leave things as they
the latter alternative (i.e., leave things as they are) is the better
decision.

Jon Ferraiolo
SVG Editor
Adobe Systems Incorporated