Re: text wrap

David,
There have been numerous requests for this feature. Unfortunately, it
doesn't look like it is going to happen with SVG 1.0. The SVG working group
decided against this feature for SVG 1.0 very early when we were
identifying the graphics feature set for the upcoming language. One reason
is that XHTML/CSS/XSL do word wrap and (theoretically) you can insert a
fragment of a wrappable XML grammar inside an SVG 'foreignObject' element.
One major problem with wrapped XML inside of an SVG 'foreignObject' is that
it is unlikely any implementations will be supporting this anytime soon.

Bottom line: at this late stage, it is unlikely such a complex feature
would sneak into SVG 1.0 at the last minute.

Jon Ferraiolo
SVG Editor
Adobe Systems Incorporated