Re: [Fwd: [Moderator Action] K.1 Normative references]

Robert,
If you have XHTML+SVG as in:

   <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
          width="50px" height="50px"
          style="width:40px; height="40px">
    </svg>

Then the positioning properties specified by the CSS-styled enclosing
language (XHTML in the above case) takes precedence over the width/height
attributes on the 'svg' element.

The width/height attributes on the outermost 'svg' element are meant to
provide the instrinsic width and height of the graphic. Therefore, if the
width/height properties were not provided above, then the HTML/CSS layout
engine could use the width/height attributes on the 'svg' element to
allocate space for the 'svg' element, similar to how HTML/CSS will use the
intrinsic width/height of a raster image in case explicit width/height
properties are not provided on the HTML 'image' or 'object' element that
refers to the raster image.

The width/height attributes on the outermost 'svg' element are also used
when have a standalone SVG document (i.e., you load foo.svg instead of
foo.html). In this case, the width/height attributes will specify the
maximum viewport size for the graphic at its initial zoom level.

Jon Ferraiolo
SVG Editor
jferraio@adobe.com