[Fwd: [Moderator Action] SVG in Cross-Platform Applications]

Forwarded message 1

  • From: Rob McAveney <r_e_mcaveney@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 13:35:04 -0500 (EST)
  • Subject: [Moderator Action] SVG in Cross-Platform Applications
  • To: www-svg@w3.org
I am new to SVG, but I am very interested in using
this technology as the basis for a cross-platform
flowchart viewing/manipulation application.  I would
like to produce SVG on the server side and be able to
view it in Windows (as an ActiveX component) in a Java
application (as a bean) and in browsers (using a
plug-in).  Here's the problem: how do I handle the
scripting to respond to events?  For example, I would
like to be able to click on a graphical node and query
the server for its properties.  Do I have to write
scripts in three different languages to accomplish
this?

Thanks for any suggestions -

Rob McAveney