RE: Calling "internal" JavaScripts?

At 11:01 AM 8/25/00 +0200, Bernd Grolig wrote:
>         Hello Pat,
>
>         >The Adobe SVG Viewer does not have its own script engine, and uses
>the
>         >browser's script engine for all scripts.
>
>         That's interesting. I thought Adobe is going to implement the
>SVG-DOM Objects, so that it would be possible to use specific SVG-DOM
>methods and properties.
>         Who is going to do this work now? Microsoft doesn't seem to make
>efforts to do this.

Bernd,

The Adobe SVG Viewer supports virtually all of the XML Core DOM levels 1
and 2. We are waiting on implementing the SVG DOM until it stabilizes.

A listing of DOM methods supported by the Adobe SVG Viewer is located at
http://www.adobe.com/svg/indepth/thedom.html.

FYI, the Adobe SVG Viewer is able to expose its DOM to the Internet
Explorer script engine (Windows only) by using ActiveX, and to the Netscape
4.x script engine by using LiveConnect. The lack of support for any such
technology on IE/Mac is why no plug-in can expose a DOM to the IE/Mac
script engine.

Pat

Paton J. Lewis
Engineering Manager, SVG