Re: [CSSWG] Minutes Joint CSS-Internationalization Telecon 2021-10-27 [css-logical] [css-fonts]

From: Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 15:37:17 +0000
To: Dael Jackson <daelcss@gmail.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
CC: "www-international@w3.org" <www-international@w3.org>
On 10/27/21, 4:33 PM, "Dael Jackson" <daelcss@gmail.com> wrote:

    CSS Fonts/Meta
    --------------

      - Issue #4910 (Criteria for generic font families) was raised as a
          meta issue around the criteria a generic font family must meet
          but it lead to discussion and requests to have user created
          generic font families. There's interest in exploring user created
          generic font families so a separate issue will be raised.

      astearns: Out of time, but I think it would be good to have a new
                separate issue about how to introduce new generic fonts
                families syntactically
      <chris> I volunteer to raise the new issue on adding generics

User-created generic font families were discussed, but several problems with the idea were also raised. The plan going forward is to figure out how new UA-defined generics should be added to the syntax.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/6770

Thanks,

Alan