Re: TPAC: CSS-WG + APA Meeting

Hi, Chris:

Responding on just one point in our email exchange for now ...

Chris Lilley writes:

> On 2021-10-15 16:36, janina@rednote.net wrote:
> > There's also guidance out today suggesting we will q+ via raising hands
> > on Zoom. Again, last minute changes just aren't going to be reliable. I
> > propose every meeting needs a queue manager able to monitor both Zoom
> > and IRC and facilitate calling on the next person. That's what we've
> > done for the last half year in our Research Questions Task Force calls,
> > where we've had regular ASL plus human captioning. Yes, we finally have
> > a half-year's experience integrating deaf and hearing impaired
> > individuals into discussions dominated by mostly blind folks. We've
> > learned a bit from that!
>
> I would love to see that valuable experience written up somewhere, like the
> W3C Guide.

Hmmm, the W3C Guide sounds like an interesting place to put that
guidance.

Meanwhile, we have written it up, and published an FPWD last Thursday:

https://www.w3.org/TR/remote-meetings/

Judy Brewer and Scott Hollier will be presenting a breakout on this
Tuesday, if memory serves.

Best,

Janina

--