Re: [css-backgrounds] Error and clarifications

Sorry, lost track of this for awhile. :) Although I did fix the error!

On 2/1/21 12:33 PM, Steve Comstock wrote:
> Trying to use this document in creating a course
> for HTML / CSS / JavaScript / php. Yes, another
> one.
>
> I noticed an error and have a suggestion
>
> ------
>
> Error
> -----
>
> Example 1:
>
>    "For example, this set of declarations:
>
> background-image: url(flower.png), url(ball.png), url(grass.png);
> background-position: center center, 20% 80%, top left, bottom right;
> background-origin: border-box, content-box;
> background-repeat: no-repeat;
>
> has exactly the same effect as this set with the extra position dropped and
> the missing values for background-origin and background-repeat filled in
> (emphasized for clarity):
>
> background-image: url(flower.png), url(ball.png), url(grass1.png);
> background-position: center center, 20% 80%, top left;
> background-origin: border-box, content-box, border-box;
> background-repeat: no-repeat, no-repeat, no-repeat;"
>

> ==> Notice: in the second set, the last url is shown as
>      grass1.png, not grass.png
>
> ------------------

Fixed in ED.

> Suggestion
> ----------
>
> In the writeup for the 'background' shorthand property,
> perhaps you should include some reference to gradients,
> since the images doc says gradients are images. It took
> me a long time to understand this from these two documents.
>

> The 'images' and 'backgrounds' documents should certainly
> cross reference each other.

Added a cross-reference from the Values section and an example in the
'background-image' definition.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/commit/f493c94443fa9274e726a8192bcfb1f9d78d26c2

~fantasai