Invitation to APA meeting on Wednesday 10, March at 12:00 EST (17:00 UTC)

From: Amy @ Digilou <@>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2021 18:09:16 +0000
To: www-style@w3.org
Cc: Becky Gibson <gibson.becky@gmail.com>, Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Hello, CSS WG,

APA invites you to a scheduled presentation about a polyfill-based demonstration implementing Media Queries 5 features, and we are pleased to invite our W3C colleagues to this presentation.

Niklas Schildhauer, a student of mobile media at Stuttgart Media University, in his bachelor thesis has looked into the new "user preference media features", as proposed for Media Queries Level 5 <https://www.w3.org/TR/mediaqueries-5/>. He will demonstrate how Media Queries features can be used to enhance personalization and to assist people with disabilities. He has created web pages to demonstrate how the media features prefers-reduced-motion, forced-colors, prefers-contrast and prefers-reduced-transparency can benefit people with vestibular disorders and visual impairments. He will report on his investigation of how other features can make a website easier to use, display alternative content, and extend time-outs.

There are more details available in the APA public mail archives at https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2021Feb/0053.html.

The call is Wednesday 10, March at 12:00 EST 1700 UTC.

Time zone conversion: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=APA+Teleconference&iso=20210310T12&p1=43&ah=1

Access via https://www.w3.org/2017/08/telecon-info_apa

We look forward to sharing this demonstration of using Web standards to improve accessibility for all.

Becky & Janina

Co-chairs of APA

Co-Chair, Accessible Platform Architectures http://www.w3.org/wai/apa