Re: [css-transitions] List of animatable properties

Le 2020-03-30 08:43, Stephen Mcgruer a écrit :
> (cc birtles@)
>
> I believe it was resolved in [0] ('Tracking Animatable Properties') to
> prefer tracking animatable state in the specifications that defined the
> CSS
> properties themselves. My understanding of the problem is that a
> centralized list became unwieldy to manage; it is easy to forget to
> update
> it when the root specifications change (properties are added, deleted,
> or
> changed such that the animation definition needs to change), and is
> also
> hard to find for implementers looking at a new CSS property to
> implement
> (how do they know they need to look at another spec?)
>
> The last major change to the list was in [1], where it was trimmed down
> only 'legacy' properties that did not define their animation type in
> their
> spec and which I believe it was considered impractical to correct.
> These
> were also moved to web-animations-1[2], as that is now where the core
> of
> the animation model for the web is defined.
>
> Note that for many specs, they define their animation behavior as 'by
> computed value', which often falls back to css-values-3[3]; reading the
> linked section and then searching for 'interpolat' (to cover
> 'interpolate'
> and 'interpolation') gives the definition for many common value types.
>
> Hope that helps,
> Stephen
>
> [0]: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Sep/0497.html
> [1]:
> https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/commit/7b816b2c7aef364c8c938bdf2e63cf6cbadc304b#diff-77be26fa8328bad7ef60fb7d85456db2
> [2]: https://drafts.csswg.org/web-animations-1/#animation-types
> [3]: https://drafts.csswg.org/css-values-4/#combining-values

Thank you Stephen and Rune for your replies.

There is no list maintained and I understand why.

I also found this page

Is animatable CSS?
https://dadaa.github.io/IsAnimatableCSS/

Anyway... Thanks to Florian Rivoal, I found a workaround to the problem
I had.

Cheers,

Gérard