Re: [css-sizing] Behavior with resolving a max-width: 100% against min-content

On 11/18/2015 09:35 AM, Christian Biesinger wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> Have a question prompted by http://crbug.com/294195
>
> Basically, we have a parent with "width: min-content;" and a child
> with "max-width: 100%;".
>
> Now, normally an intrinsic width like that would be considered
> indefinite, and therefore the max-width should also be indefinite. But
> in this case, we're talking about widths, which are normally definite.
>
> So... should this be treated as max-width: fill-available or as
> max-width: none? And what should fill-available be in this
> circumstance?

Note: This issue is now tracked at
   https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2386

We think this is now specified correctly in
   https://drafts.csswg.org/css-sizing/#percentage-sizing
See also testcase at
   http://software.hixie.ch/utilities/js/live-dom-viewer/saved/5993

Please let us know if this seems correct or if further investigation/spec work is necessary!

~fantasai and TJ