Re: [whatwg] [CSSWG][css-scroll-snap] Updated CR of CSS Scroll Snapping Level 1

On Mon, Dec 25, 2017 at 11:54 AM, fantasai
<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
> A related concern was brought up that some DOM APIs define scrolling to
> an element in a way that conflicts with scroll-snapping; such APIs should
> allow for an element's snap position, if defined, to dictate the position
> of an element to the viewport if no explicit argument is given to the
> contrary.

The way I would expect this to work is that if CSS "owns" scrolling
(which I think it ought to), it defines an operation that performs
scrolling taking into account various parameters. Those DOM APIs then
call into that operation. Then if you define new properties that
affect scrolling, you only need to adjust the scrolling algorithm and
the various APIs will not require any changes as they all share the
same underlying primitive. I'd recommend figuring out that primitive
and clearly documenting it (parts of it are already in CSSOM View if I
remember correctly).

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/