Re: text-decoration-skip-ink auto should continue past behavior - 30+ years of underline behavior changed by latest CSS draft

Le 2018-02-21 12:55, OwN-3m-All a écrit :

>> User-stylesheets are a way for users to modify every webpage on the
>> web without creating a detriment to any other user. I suggest you use
>> them (or a browser which supports them, like Safari).

> The purpose of CSS is to make a website display the way the AUTHOR
> chooses.

No. That is not true. But it is a very persistent false understanding on
the web.

{
Myth #8: People should view a Web site the way the designer intended

     False. People cannot view a Web site the way the designer intended,
unless the designer intended for the site to be viewed differently. With
all the different browsers, window sizes, fonts, font sizes,
resolutions, color depths, and other user preferences on the Web, it is
simply impossible to have a document look the same to all users.

     People should view Web sites the way they wish to view them. Some
people may wish to view pages using the author's style sheet, but others
may require their own presentation to be able to access the content. An
author's choices are to design a site that a minority of Web users will
be able to see as "intended," or to design a site that all will be able
to access, with some seeing the author's suggested presentation.
}
Accessibility Myths
http://www.htmlhelp.com/design/accessibility/myths.html