Re: [css] min-height/min-width initials

From: Jens Oliver Meiert <jens@meiert.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 11:13:58 +0100
To: Oriol _ <oriol-bugzilla@hotmail.com>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
> The initial values of `min-height` and `min-width` are no longer `0`, now
> they are `auto`. Usually `auto` behaves like `0`, but not always.

What spec or draft are you referring to? It’s “0” per
https://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/visudet.html#min-max-widths,
https://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visudet.html#min-max-widths,
https://www.w3.org/TR/CSS22/visudet.html#min-max-widths, and
https://www.w3.org/TR/css3-box/#min-height.

> Anyways, I don't see how `none` would be useful. If you want to reset a
> property to its initial value but you don't know which is the initial value,
> you can always use the `initial` keyword.

Focus (and curiosity) was just on the precise initial values—much from
the “initial” keyword angle—, and I still find the difference odd.

--
Jens Oliver Meiert
https://meiert.com/en/