Re: [csswg] overflow-3 and overflow-4 and unleveled URLs

On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 8:50 PM, Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net> wrote:
> On October 5, 2017 9:47:55 AM GMT+09:00, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>>So we should be doing:
>>
>>C. Rename `overflow` to `overflow-4`, then denote in Shepherd that
>>level 3 is the current version.
>
> This seems best, and will also make git archeology easier, when you what to go further back that the last directory rename.

Precisely; the switcheroo we do right now seems calculated to make git
archeology as hard as possible for as little benefit as possible. This
one switch will be annoying for a bunch of specs, but it'll fix things
going forward.

I'm happy to do the change if the WG is cool with it.