[css-display] Agenda+ on display: contents

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 13:36:21 -0700
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Cc: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, Mats Palmgren <mats@mozilla.com>
Tab and I added a section to the Display module detailing the effects of
'display: contents' on various elements (covering the items in bz's list
in https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/2359 , plus SVG questions from
https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/305 ). The section is currently about
50% open questions to the WGs.

Issue: https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/540
Text:  https://drafts.csswg.org/css-display/#unbox

We also did a bit of cleanup of the prose definition of 'display: contents':
   https://hg.csswg.org/drafts/diff/be5e828d46ca/css-display/Overview.bs
(If there's any issue or suggestion for improvement, let us know.)

Lastly, we copied over the definitions of "principal box" and "replaced element"
from CSS2.1. Hopefully no objections to that, but though it worth mentioning. :)
They'll now auto-link from other specs.

~fantasai