Re: Writing Modes PR & Testsuite

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017, at 09:19 PM, Koji Ishii wrote:

> So to me, it is only Gecko that is hitting the anti-alias issue. Even
> for Gecko, IIUC, setting a flag to run test properly is different from
> running "modified versions of the tests". I'm not very familiar but
> AFAIU, Blink uses some flags for CSS2 test suites too. Several factors
> such as UA stylesheets, system settings, fonts in the platform, anti-
> aliases, etc. are obstacles to run tests in a stable manner. Better to
> normalize them when running tests.

FWIW, Gecko does fuzzy-comparison for those tests, that is, we tolerate
up to a limited number of different pixels, and record the number in our
test manifest for each test needed.

The only thing we do to modify the test when importing, as far as I
know, is to insert @font-face of Ahem font for those  tests which
declare "ahem" in their meta data.

- Xidorn