Re: CSS re-introduce min/max functions

On Fri, 2017-01-13 at 14:21 +0000, Oliver Joseph Ash wrote:
> I am aware that min/max functions have been specified before but were
> dropped, however I think there are still valid use cases for them
> with no
> acceptable workarounds.

There was some discussion about them recently for the purpose of
translating XSL-FO to CSS, since XSL-FO allows them in the expression
language. I think there was broad support but some concern about
performance. For that matter I also wanted sqrt() and sin() and tan()
and there was much less support for that, even though circular displays
and also CSS 2d transforms make them more desirable.

Liam

--
Liam R. E. Quin <liam@w3.org>
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)