Re: [css-grid] Example declarations

28.10.2016, 03:55, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 1:00 PM, Jens Oliver Meiert <jens@meiert.com> wrote:
>> intentional or unintentional? Sometimes the spec says  something
>> like “display:none”, then “min-width: 12em” (note the  space).
>>  [1] https://www.w3.org/TR/2016/CR-css-grid-1-20160929/
>
> Unintentional, but also unimportant. Showcasing different prose
> styles may also help showcase that several different styles are valid.

Consistency is a good thing anyway. Examples unrelated to basic CSS syntax are probably not a quite appropriate place for reader to learn such basic things.

Also, having a space between a property and its value makes text more easily readable and makes it possible for text to wrap. Moreover, in conjunction with the `hyphens: auto` style used in the spec's CSS, "display:none" text is rendered as "dis-play:none" (note the fictious and confusing hyphen after "dis") (fwiw, in Firefox under Windows at zoom of 200% using a 4K monitor) e.g. in the "6. Grid Items" section of the Grid spec while with a space, "display:" and "none" would just be placed on different lines without any hyphenation. (Btw, I believe hyphenation should be disabled for code at all to prevent confusion.)