Re: [css-syntax][css22] Removing CSS 2 grammar (was Re: Minutes Telecon 2016-10-12

On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 1:47 PM, Peter Moulder
<pjrm@mail.internode.on.net> wrote:
>>   RESOLVED: Remove CSS grammar section in CSS 2.2 and have a pointer
>>             to CSS syntax
>
> A number of CSS specs have been defining their syntax in terms of CSS 2.1,
> in some cases referring to syndata.html and some even to the non-normative
> grammar.html.

These have been gradually replaced by definitions using the Syntax
spec. I haven't done a full search for remaining old grammars, but if
you spot any let me know, so I can replace them.

> Which part exactly is being proposed to be removed?

The whole thing. The CSS2.1 grammar no longer accurately describes the
syntax of CSS. (Specifically, a number of details about its error
handling.)