Re: [css3-selectors]: Proposal: Adop the ::wrap pseudo element

> On 18 October 2016 at 09:42, Ian Yang <ian.html@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> For your information, an issue had just been opened in W3C's CSSWG
> repository for editor's drafts on GitHub. The url is
> https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/588
> >>
> >> Your participation is welcomed.
> >

> > Maybe I wasn't made it clear that the purpose of the thread is to get
> more people involved when I was creating the thread on GitHub. Therefore
> there had been no one replied after a week. And after I post a reply an
> hour ago to encourage people to participate, soon there was someone replied.
> >
> > So if you are willing to see this pseudo element being added and CSS
> become more superior, please kindly participate. Thank you very much.
>
> I've added some more comments on the GitHub issue. I suggest to
> continue the discussion there.
>
> Sebastian

It looks like that the thread on GitHub has been closed by Mr. Tab Atkins
Jr., and the reason is that implementors have historically been strongly
against this sort of functionality.

However, ever since the the topics were created at here and on GitHub, we
haven't seen a single implementor say this feature is very hard to
implement. I hope Tab Atkins can provide us with some references or evidences
that prove implementors' anti-interest.