Re: [css-page | css-box model] margin-inside / margin-outside

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 18:25:49 -0400
To: ego@acjs.net, Christin_Götz_|_pagina_GmbH <christin.goetz@pagina-tuebingen.de>, www-style@w3.org
Cc: Tobias Fischer | pagina GmbH <tobias.fischer@pagina-tuebingen.de>
On 06/29/2016 08:45 AM, ego@acjs.net wrote:

> Hello Christin,
>

> That, to me, sounds like something that can currently be achieved using the Paged Media Module.
> See https://www.w3.org/TR/css3-page/#spread-pseudos and further.

Well, that will let you control the page margins differently,
but if you want to control margins of an element within the
page, you're out of luck.

We do plan to add this feature in a future level of CSS Scoping
   https://www.w3.org/TR/2014/WD-css-scoping-1-20140403/#fragment-scoping
using a ::page(<page-selector>) pseudo-element; however it's
not a top priority at the moment.

~fantasai