RE: FlexBox keyboard disconnect - new property proposal

From: Greg Whitworth <gwhit@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 20:39:04 +0000
To: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>, Rossen Atanassov <Rossen.Atanassov@microsoft.com>
CC: LĂ©onie Watson <tink@tink.uk>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
>As Henrik said (and fantasai and I and others have repeatedly said in the past), this has nothing to do with flexbox itself -
> CSS offers a wealth of ways to lay out a page such that the visual and DOM orders don't match.

<snip>

>Anyway, I'm supportive of an effort to help things here, but we'll need
>implementor interest in changing their tab-order implementation to be
>significantly more complex.
>
>~TJ

+Alan/Rossen for visibility

A little clarification,

This is similar to what Simon and I stated in this brief discussion, that this is not flex specific, so we shouldn't focus purely on the layout mode for the underlying issue. Additionally, we stated that we need to have the full CSSWG present for the discussion as the property suggestion was merely one potential way to solve the problem and would require feedback from implementers due to its complexity.

~Greg