Re: [css3-background] More options for dashed and dotted borders

On 06/08/2016 05:17 AM, Praveen Puglia wrote:
> Currently, when we create a dotted or dashed border, the only things we can modify are the width of the border and the color
> of it. There is no way we can control what the distance should be between dots or dashes. It all depends on the browser
> vendors and how they render them.
>
> It is, however, often necessary to tweak those to get a better suited borders. Example:
>
> 1. Varied distances between dashes/dots
>
> Instead of a border like this...
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> a border like this...
> -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -
> or
> -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -

There's been some discussion of enabling this in Backgrounds and
Borders Level 4, however nothing concrete has been drafted up yet.
(Additional control over borders hasn't been a high priority.)

> 2. Circular dots for dotted borders. Way to create
> Instead of just this...

This is actually a browser bug... The CSS spec requires round dots. :)
   https://www.w3.org/TR/css3-background/#the-border-style

~fantasai