Re: [css-transitions] Proposal and RFC: spring() timing function

> On 2 Jul 2016, at 8:06 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 9:32 PM, Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com> wrote:
>> Secondly, we'd need to
>> describe how this works for a keyframed animation, where the duration applies
>> over all the keyframes.
>
> This, I think, is the part that needs the most thought.  This really
> is a pretty big change from the current model, because it seems to be
> impossible to accurately chain a spring effect into anything else
> unless you run the math yourself to determine the effective duration.
> That suggests pushing forward the timetable on "sequence/parallel
> animation groups in WebAnim and CSS" might be worthwhile.

Is it that important that spring() applies to keyframed animations
from the beginning? Springs are an emulation of a physical effect, and
it's rare that you'll combine that with a keyframe (which is an unnatural
effect).

Springs make more sense going between two points. e.g. transitions.

I think we can address keyframes, but it isn't urgent. At worst we can
leave it as is for now, which means that the keyframe would advance
once its duration slice has expired. This could be while the animation
is still springing, or well after it as settled.

Happy Friday (or Saturday)

Dean