[selectors4] Spec for attribute value case-sensitivity is clearly to vague

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 23:34:57 -0500
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
We now have at least two implementations of
https://drafts.csswg.org/selectors-4/#attribute-case shipping in release
browsers: Safari and Chrome.  Sadly, they are not actually interoperable
with each other.  Simple testcase:

   <!doctype html>
     [foo="bar" I] { color: purple; }

The spec says "the attribute selector may include the identifier i
before the closing bracket" but doesn't make it clear what the case
handling is.  Given the case-insensitivity of CSS in general, clearly
WebKit decided to also accept "I", whereas Blink read this more literally.

The spec could use better wording or a more exhaustive example, or
_something_, since clearly what's there right now is not enough to
produce interoperable implementations.

-Boris