Re: [css-round-display] Summary of a discussion about polar positioning in every positioning schemes

> On Jan 19, 2016, at 11:39 PM, Jihye Hong <jh.hong@lge.com> wrote:
>
> * polar-origin and polar-anchor can be used independently from the polar
> positioning.
> * polar-origin and polar-anchor need to get rid of a prefix, 'polar-'
> * auto values for polar-origin and polar-anchor to resolve differently when
> polar-distance is auto or non-auto
>    - when polar-distance is auto,
>      - polar-origin: auto becomes polar-anchor: 0 0
>      - polar-anchor: auto becomes polar-anchor: 0 0
>    - when polar-distance is non auto,
>      - polar-origin: auto becomes polar-anchor: center center
>      - polar-anchor: auto becomes polar-anchor: 0 0

We need to rethink some of these if fantasai's alignment properties fit our needs. I'm a little short on time right now for a full reply, but IF they do, then polar-origin is no longer necessary. It also would mean that top, right, bottom, and left would apply. I've been trying to get a fuller understanding of that spec, I hope you will also try to dig into it too.

I don't think I agree with what you are saying about polar-anchor, above. polar-anchor: 0 0 should just mean that you are not shifting it from where it is after positioning and figuring margins. polar-anchor: -25% 0 should mean move it one fourth of its width to the left. This should be regardless of other polar-* properties.