Re: being clearer about css-wide keywords and reset-only sub-properties [css-grid]

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 14:58:36 -0800
To: www-style@w3.org, Mats Palmgren <matspal@gmail.com>
On 11/17/2015 07:51 AM, L. David Baron wrote:

> This principle -- that the CSS-wide keywords always affect all
> subproperties of a shorthand -- has, I believe, been well-known to
> members of the working group for a long time.  However, it hasn't
> been clear to some implementors based on the prose elsewhere that
> actually defines these properties.

We did some more cross-linking in CSS Grid today. Here's where we're at:
   https://drafts.csswg.org/css-grid/#grid-shorthand
   https://drafts.csswg.org/css-grid/#placement-shorthands
   https://drafts.csswg.org/css-grid/#propdef-grid-gap

Let us know if there are additional wording tweaks that would help.

~fantasai