RE: [selectors4] Why hasn't the fullscreen pseudo-class picked up?

On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 12:53 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 12:41 PM, Hyojin Song <hyojin22.song@lge.com> wrote:
>> The question was proposed in the process of a discussion on the
>> usage of fullscreen API in Second Screen Presentation(SSP) Working
>> Group. There are several use cases about fullscreen API when
>> rendering contents like HTML element, picture, and video in the
>> remote device. However, I noticed that fullscreen API had become
>> a WG Note even though it had been still developed in WHATWG.
>> I couldn't find the reason in www-style mailing list or any other place.
>
> Well, WHATWG works on it. No need to have multiple groups work on it.
> Having said that, some bits of the Fullscreen API standard should
> eventually move to CSS, such as the top layer concept.
>
>> SSP WG would like to reuse :fullscreen pseudo-class with a little
>> extensions. For instance, the current fullscreen API spec does not
>> allow content to go fullscreen without a user gesture, so it will
>> require some changes to support a presentation document
>> fullscreening itself.
>
> That's only from the perspective of the API. The low-level hooks you'd
> presumably use don't have such a limitation.

I think some policy to properly handle the situation described above
should be specified in the fullscreen API spec in forms of notes or issues.
It can assure the consistent implementation among user agents in case
of malicious web page.

>> If it's difficult to reuse the :fullscreen
>> pseudo-class, it needs to define new pseudo-class like :presentation
>> in order to apply changed style sheets to the presenting context
>> with a fullscreen.
>
> Note that the Fullscreen API is mostly focused on fullscreening an
> element. Is that what you want for presentation as well?

Right. It's best option to use the existing :fullscreen pseudo-class, but
it would have some changes to support the second screen use cases.
How can we(SSP WG) discuss with this work?