Re: [css-grid] Resolve Intrinsic Track Sizes: min-content vs auto minimums

On 12/10/2015 23:18, fantasai wrote:
> This is a bug in the spec. :( We've fixed it as follows:
>   # If the track has an ''auto'' <a>min track sizing function</a>,
>   # set its <a>base size</a> to the maximum of its items’ “min-size
>   # contributions”: the value specified by its respective 'min-width'
>   # or 'min-height' properties (whichever matches the relevant axis)
>   # if the specified size is ''auto'', or else the item’s <a>min-content
>   # contribution</a>.
>
> Let us know if this is clear, or if there remains any ambiguity
> or error.

Hmm, so the above change makes Grid chapter 4.4 obsolete, right?
https://drafts.csswg.org/css-grid/#min-size-auto

If not, please describe in detail in which situations the spec text
in 4.4 applies.

Before the above change it did apply when the track min-sizing
function is 'auto' (e.g. "grid-template-columns: auto") for items
with a computed value of 'auto' for 'min-width'/'min-height'
in the relevant axis.  But now, the above spec text says that
the "min-content contribution"[1] should be used instead in this
situation.  I'm not aware of any other situations where 4.4 was
relevant so AFAICT it can be removed now.

Thanks,
Mats

[1]
https://drafts.csswg.org/css-sizing-3/#min-content-contribution