Re: Subtitle/caption styling + TTML + CSS

Hi David,

> I think things are very different if you're trying to create an
> implementation that fully conforms to the specification rather than
> an implementation that covers the features in the specification but
> gets wrong the large number of detailed differences between these
> technologies.

Can you elaborate and/or provide specific examples? When starting
mapping IMSC1 to HTML/CSS/JS, my expectation was that it would be much
more difficult than it turned out to be (aside for the two features
mentioned below). Have you and/or your colleagues tried something
similar in the past and ran into issues? Have you taken a look at
imscJS (there is a sample application at [1] and sample TTML files at
[2])?

[1] http://sandflow.com/imsc1proc/
[2] https://github.com/IRT-Open-Source/irt-ebu-tt-d-application-samples/tree/master/ttml

I am very much interested in understanding your thoughts and comparing
notes. Do not hesitate to reach me directly.

Best,

-- Pierre