Re: [css-tables] Dropping repeated headers/footers when one content row doesn't fit

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 7:25 PM François REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
wrote:

> That was the intent of the spec, since we have to make the assumption
> fragmentainers might not all share the same size.
>

> Trying to define what happens with fragementation without writing down an
> algorithm was not easy, so maybe we should actually try to define an
> algorithm in the spec.
>

> What do you think of this proposal?

I'm reading it to say that as long as repeating the header and footer
leaves room for at least part of a tbody row in the fragmentainer then they
can both remain. If it doesn't, but dropping the repeated footer allows
room for at least part of a tbody row, then drop the repeated footer but
keep the repeated header.

This means that https://jsbin.com/pozizikopa/quiet would be rendered as
https://output.jsbin.com/xelicehibo/quiet for example.

I had expected you to say that where a tbody row can't fit in full in a
fragmentainer that both header and footer should be dropped from that
fragmentainer so I just want to be sure I'm not misreading your proposal!

Thanks,
Rob