Re: [css-logical-props] Is this spec ready to ship?

From: Peter Moulder <pjrm@mail.internode.on.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 18:24:03 +1100
To: Jonathan Kew <jfkthame@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Cc: Christian Biesinger <cbiesinger@google.com>
On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 09:00:27AM +1100, Peter Moulder wrote:

> Firefox shipping unprefixed something that doesn't even have a WD,
> without even posting a message to www-style [...] ?

I am very sorry: I see that this was indeed discussed in a telcon quite some
time ago (2015-07-01,
http://www.w3.org/mid/CADhPm3t6TJbUN4HrJ+bVGieHFbmEO8gRoWcsoT5orEQm=q5TeQ@mail.gmail.com
)

The reason given was that shipping vertical writing modes somehow depended
on logical props for Firefox.  (The minutes don't show why it needed to be
unprefixed; though the minutes do note that it had been shipping behind a
flag for quite some time prior.)

Again, my apologies,

pjrm.