Re: scroll anchoring

From: Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2016 12:44:53 +0900
Cc: Steve Kobes <skobes@chromium.org>, CSS public list <www-style@w3.org>
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>

> On Dec 3, 2016, at 07:27, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> * the spec was pulled into Steve's personal repo just as a temporary
> measure to isolate it from the WICG/interventions repo, with the
> intent that it be quickly transferred to its own WICG repo.  The
> request for a WICG repo was made on Oct 10 (same day as it was
> extracted), but nothing ever happened.  I pinged the WICG chairs, and
> it turns out it was just missed - Chris says he accidentally dropped
> it due to the chaos of prepping for Chrome Dev Summit at the time.
> That's being fixed now, and it'll be transferred to WICG shortly.

Let's leave aside the discussion of whether *starting* a spec outside of the CSSWG is a good idea, as this will take us a while to agree on that, and it's irrelevant for this spec which has already been started... We'll talk through that some other day, preferably in a more cozy setting than a mailing list.

Since you're now at the point where you're about to ship it in production without flag, isn't that a good point to graduate from incubation, and go into a CSSWG ED/FPWD?

—Florian