Re: Testsuite flags

> On Aug 23, 2016, at 23:17, Gérard Talbot <www-style@gtalbot.org> wrote:
>
> [...] scroll flags
>
> Several HTML-to-PDF web-aware softwares [...]

I assume that as most authors of tests will be targeting more traditional web browsers, the scroll flag (which means that the test only makes sense on scrollable meadia) will be routinely forgotten. But it is meaningful and pull requests from html-to-pdf engines (or anyone else that notices) to add the scroll flag should be welcome. Which implies that we keep the scroll flag, even if it will only be used rarely.

> Paged tests can be automated in Gecko. The are not manual.

I agree that paged tests are automatable / automated in some environement. This flag is orthogonal to animated / interactive / manual / etc. If some tests are only valid on paged media because they use some features that only exist in paged media, or that behave differently in paged media, they need to be flagged as such. Again, I don't expect this to be a particularly common flag, so it is fine for most test authors to ignore its existance, but it has use cases where it is not easily replaced.

 - Florian