Re: [css-text] animatibility of 'tab-size'

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 7:00 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 7:40 AM, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:
>>> Currently css-text says that 'tab-size' is animatable as a length,
>>> but not as an integer.  This seems odd, given that it takes both
>>> length and integer values.  Is there a reason for this?
>>
>> No, looks like it should allow mixing the two.  You can't resolve
>> integers to <length>s at computed-value time, as it depends on the
>> font used, but you can certainly interpolate it with calc().
>
> This probably means we should convert <<integer>> to <<number>>, yes?

Yeah, probably best.  No reason not to, given that we can now do
arbitrarily-precise lengths.

Hm, we also need to amend V&U to allow number + unit when the number
is unit-compatible (and then define that the number is
length-compatible in line-height and tab-size).