Re: [css-animations] How animation-timing-function in keyframe rule interacts with direction

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 16:09:53 -0700
To: Sylvain Galineau <galineau@adobe.com>
Cc: Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, "<www-style@w3.org>" <www-style@w3.org>
On Monday 2014-10-20 18:55 +0000, Sylvain Galineau wrote:
> On Oct 20, 2014, at 11:02 AM, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:
> > Depending on the context, this may need to say explicitly that this
> > "sorted keyframe selector order" is per-property and not for the
> > entire animation.
> >
> > For example, if you have 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100% keyframes, and
> > you specify 'transform' and 'animation-timing-function' in the 25%
> > keyframe, and transform is omitted in the 50% keyframe and present
> > in the 75% keyframe, then the 'animation-timing-function' from the
> > 25% keyframe applies to 'transform' between the 25% and 75%
> > keyframes.
>
> Good point. It applies until the next keyframe that specifies animation-timing-function:
>
> # When specified in a keyframe, 'animation-timing-function' defines the progression of the
> # animation between the current keyframe and the next keyframe that defines animation-timing-function
> # in sorted keyframe selector order (or the end of the animation if no other keyframe specifies
> # animation-timing function). The specified timing function will apply over this interval independently
> # of the animation's current direction.

Oops, I should have found this thread to reply to earlier, but I
replied here:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2015Sep/0239.html
and ended up editing this resulting text differently here:
https://hg.csswg.org/drafts/rev/fe9d9746b6ab

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,