Re: [css-writing-modes] What are the serialized value when it is "treated as"

On 17/9/15 14:15, Koji Ishii wrote:
> The spec defines SVG 1.1 values "treat as" CSS values[1].
>
> When these values are serialized, are they supposed to keep its original
> string, or are they supposed to be CSS?
>
> For example, what would we expect to see:
> and
>    console.log(getComputedStyle(test).style.writingMode);
> ?
>
> I recall there were some discussions about this for value aliases, but I
> don't remember the conclusion.

I'd like us to specify that they compute to the corresponding CSS
values, so your example would print "vertical-rl".

This allows the UA to treat them as aliases early in the parsing
process, rather than having to maintain separate values throughout, and
reinforces the fact that they behave exactly the same rather than
perhaps having some subtle (even unintentional) difference.

JK