[css-position]: What about min-top, min-left, min-right, min-bottom?

From: Axel Dahmen <brille1@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 20:12:14 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org
I regularly get a request to write headers, navigation or advertisement
elements which are supposed to scroll with the page but are supposed to get
fixed to the viewport as soon as a certain limit to the viewport has been
reached.

There are a number of webpages implementing exactly this behaviour. But they
all are using JavaScript to get this implemented.

I have seen many questions on corresponding "min-top" and similar CSS
properties on StackExchange, but I didn't find discussions here.

What is the opinion of the workgroup about adding properties like min-top,
min-left, min-right, min-bottom to the specification which would switch the
corresponding element's position value from static/relative/absolute to
fixed in regard to the corresponding axis as soon as its computed position
reaches a minimum distance to one of the viewport borders?

Thanks for enlightening me.

Cheers,
Axel