Re: [css-content][css-gcpm] building "bookmark-level: auto" with selectors

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 01:36:10PM +0900, Florian Rivoal wrote:

> TL;DR: I do not know of a practical way to build using css the html outline
> algo, or even how to approximate it if we restrict ourselves to non fictional
> css.

I have previously come across styling issues that would be easier if the document
had already been transformed to change h2..h6 to combinations of <section> and <h1>.

Some documents I've come across that are intended for conversion to pdf are
already in nested form, as that's often the most convenient form for tools to
generate.

Does the document-outline problem become easier for documents that are
purely in this form, rather than a mix of nesting and h2..h6 ?

pjrm.