Re: [css-logical-properties] the 'inline-{start,end}' values for 'float' and 'clear'

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 01:15:47 -0800
To: www-style@w3.org
On 11/08/2015 06:18 AM, Johannes Wilm wrote:

> I am not opposed to major changes. All I am saying is that I don't think there is evidence that other members of the WG had
> not discovered that page floats were described as being exclusions. It has been mentioned in the meeting, it was asked for by
> some other members of the WG, and other members had reason to review the spec when it reached FPWD status. Until your emails,
> I have not heard anyone complain about page floats being described as beign positioned exclusions.

Just, fwiw, neither Tab nor I has had time to review this module in depth yet.
We're glad someone is working on the problem. We haven't had a chance to form
an informed opinion on how that problem is being solved.

FPWD means "this is going in a direction we want to pursue". It doesn't mean
the draft isn't going to morph substantially as we figure out how we want to
pursue it--especially in the case of layout modules. Grid and Flexbox have
ended up substantially different from their respective FPWDs--for the better,
judging by the positive feedback I've gotten.

~fantasai