Re: [css-logical-properties] the 'inline-{start,end}' values for 'float' and 'clear'

From: Jonathan Kew <jfkthame@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2015 14:07:59 +0000
To: Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net>
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Johannes Wilm <johannes@fiduswriter.org>, "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gmail.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, Rossen Atanassov <ratan@microsoft.com>, "Elika J. Etemad" <fantasai@inkedblade.net>
On 7/11/15 04:14, Florian Rivoal wrote:
> TL;DR: as this is unstable stuff, if you're going to ship it, you
> should (RFC 2119) ship with both inline-start and -moz-inline-start,
> aliased to each other (and the same thing for *-end). If you're not
> happy about aliasing the more important of the two is the
> non-prefixed one.

I don't think aliasing would be a big deal. What concerns me more is
that none of this really helps authors be future-ready in the event that
the WG ends up changing 'inline-start' to 'start'. Which was what Tab &
fantasai seemed to have decided a couple of days ago; but AFAICT it
doesn't look like there is any real WG consensus here.

JK