Re: [css-fonts-4] compat problem with 'system' generic font family?

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 3:39 PM, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com> wrote:
> Given Medium’s experiment [1] with a font stack that looks like:
>
> font-family: system, -apple-system, …
>
> Where ‘system’ matched a bitmap font apparently still included in Windows installations, do we need to pick a different unprefixed name for this new generic font family?

Or people could just wait to use it until enough browsers implement
the new value.  It's not actually a compat problem (unless we think
there is a decent amount of pages actually trying to invoke the
Windows "system" font), just an old-browser issue.