Re: [css-page-floats] clear, CSS21 values deprecated?

On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 9:00 PM, Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org> wrote:

> Hi,
> Looking at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/WD-css-page-floats-3-20150915/#propdef-clear
> (and same in the edcopy)
> The values contained in CSS21 [1]  are not all presents, ‘both’ is
> missing. Is that intentional ? A bug ?
> I can understand that the name became misleading, but at least ‘both’
> should be allowed in prose as a deprecated value
> instead of removed.
> HTH,
>
> [1] <
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/REC-CSS2-20110607/visuren.html#propdef-clear>

Good point. I think that was an oversight.

Also, I am somewhat unsure whether the page floats spec should cover all of
the behavior of inline floats. At least they need to be mentioned for some
things, as the property names and many of the values are the same.

--
Johannes Wilm
Fidus Writer