Re: [css-grid] A few questions on Grid gutters (grid-column-gap, grid-row-gap, and grid-gap properties)

On Sat, Oct 3, 2015 at 8:13 AM, Mats Palmgren <mats@mozilla.com> wrote:
> I'm about to implement Grid gutters in Gecko and I have a few questions
> on the spec text[1] (in quotes below):
>
> "Name: 'grid-row-gap', 'grid-column-gap'
>  Value: <length>"
>
> Are negative values allowed?
> (if not, please say so explicitly)

Specified that it's invalid.

> "Animatable: no"
>
> Why not? (it seems trivial to support for a <length> value)

We'd accidentally omitted it, so it got the default value. Fixed.

> "Name: 'grid-gap'
>  Initial: normal"
>
> What does "normal" mean here?  Shouldn't this instead say
> "see individual properties" as usual for shorthands?
> I'd prefer that, because it simplifies the implementation
> to not have to support the "normal" keyword and I don't see
> what benefit it brings.

As Sergio said, it previously allowed "normal", because we were
reusing column-gap. Fixed by setting to 0.